At The Office

Linda: Hello, that ́s very nice of you. It was so stressful at work today! But it’s over!

Brian: Nice office! When did you begin to work here?

Linda: I applied for this job five years ago, and in 2002, I started to work here!

Brian: I thought a lot about the film yesterday. I did not understand everything, but I
had a really great time with you.

Linda: I dreamed at night about it. How was your day at work?

Brian: I was also very busy today. The customers had lots questions, but didn’t buy
very much! Hahaha!

Linda: My boss was not very nice today. I came in late this morning, because my
alarm did not go off. Or let’s just say, I did not hear it... Hahaha

Brian: Wow! When I was showering today, my alarm went off. I did not hear it either.
While I was preparing breakfast, I was listening to the news and it suddenly occurred
to me.

Linda: Yes, while I was sleeping, I was dreaming a lot.... I just could not hear the
alarm! I was not feeling very well, while I was sleeping. I caught a cold yesterday,
while I was going home!

Brian: When we were walking home from the cinema yesterday, it began to rain
heavily. Let ́s drive home!


Exercise 7A:

Fill in the correct past form of the verb. Choose from this box:
applied began came caught could did did did did did did dreamed had
occurred started thought was was was was was was was was was
was was was went were

Linda: Hello, that ́s very nice of you. It ________ so stressful at work today! But it’s
over! Brian: Nice office! When ________ you begin to work here? Linda: I
________ for this job five years ago, and in 2002, I ________ to work here! Brian: I
________ a lot about the film yesterday. I ________ not understand everything, but
I ________ a really great time with you. Linda: I ________ at night about it. How
________ your day at work? Brian: I ________ also very busy today. The
customers ________ lots questions, but ________ not buy very much! Hahaha!
Linda: My boss ________ not very nice today. I ________ in late this morning,
because my alarm ________ not go off. Or let’s just say, I ________ not hear it...
Hahaha! Brian: Wow! When I ________ showering today, my alarm ________ off. I
________ not hear it either. While I ________ preparing breakfast, I ________
listening to the news and it suddenly ________ to me. Linda: Yes, while I ________
sleeping, I ________ dreaming a lot.... I just ________ not hear the alarm! I
________ not feeling very well, while I ________ sleeping. I ________ a cold
yesterday, while I ________ going home! Brian: When we ________ walking home
from the cinema yesterday, it ________ to rain heavily. Let ́s drive home!

At The Movies | At Home

Resource