At The Stadium

Brian: The opponent plays well! Their fast offender is very dangerous. He aims very
precisely and shoots very hard.
Linda: Our team is not bad either. Our goalkeeper keeps the ball very safe.
Brian: Exactly, you know this game very well! Would you like to have a delicious hot
dog?
Linda: Yes, together with a cold beer. That would be fantastic.
Brian: I will bring you a beer.
Linda: Hurry up, because our good sweeper hurt himself.
Brian: Here is your beer. It is actually warm.
Linda: And the hot dog is cold. Hahaha. It looks good though, and.... hmmmm....
tastes very good too! A wonderful goal has been scored. Unfortunately for the
opposing team.
Brian: Oh, I don’t know if we have a chance. The opponent plays very hard and fast.
It is getting very difficult.
Linda: It does not seem to be easy, because our best defender seriously hurt
himself.
Brian: But our team must win, otherwise they cannot play in the World Cup. We
cannot give the opponent so many chances.
Linda: The coach should bring in a new player. Our midfield players cannot run
anymore.
Brian: You might be quite right. He is still allowed to exchange another player in. I
would bring in a younger player!
Linda: May I have another sip of beer?
Brian: Of course... Oh, no! That can’t be! 0:2! I think we should go!
Linda: Yes... me too. I should not stay out so late tonight. I have to watch out for my
little sister!
Brian: But we can still go out on another date again, right?! Let us go to the cinema
tomorrow!
Linda: That would be nice! I do not want to miss "Love me, if you can"! Bye!


exercise 5A:

Fill in the correct form: “adverb” or “adjective”. Choose from this box:
actually bad best cold cold dangerous delicious difficult easy Exactly
fantastic fast fast good good good hard hard precisely safe seriously
Unfortunately warm well well wonderful

Brian: The opponent plays ________! Their ________ offender is very ________.
He aims very ________ and shoots very ________. Linda: Our team is not
________ either. Our goalkeeper keeps the ball very ________. Brian: ________,
you know this game very ________! Would you like to have a ________ hot dog?
Linda: Yes, together with a ________ beer. That would be ________. Brian: I will
bring you a beer. Linda: Hurry up, because our ________ sweeper hurt himself.
Brian: Here is your beer. It is ________ ________. Linda: And the hot dog is
________. Hahaha. It looks ________ though, and.... hmmmm.... tastes very
________ too! A ________ goal has been scored. ________ for the opposing
team. Brian: Oh, I don’t know if we have a chance. The opponent plays very
________ and ________. It is getting very ________. Linda: It does not seem to be
________, because our ________ defender ________ hurt himself.


Exercise 5B:

Fill in the correct modal verb / auxiliary verb. Choose from this box:
allowed can can cannot cannot cannot cannot have Let May might
should should should would would

Brian: But our team ________ win, otherwise they ________ play in the World Cup.
We ________ give the opponent so many chances. Linda: The coach ________
bring in a new player. Our midfield players ________ run anymore. Brian: You
________ be quite right. He is still ________ to exchange another player in. I
________ bring in a younger player! Linda: ________ I have another sip of beer?
Brian: Of course... Oh, no! That ________ be! 0:2! I think we ________ go! Linda:
Yes... me too. I ________ not stay out so late tonight. I ________ to watch out for
my little sister! Brian: But we ________ still go out on another date again, right?!
________ us go to the cinema tomorrow! Linda: That ________ be nice! I do not
want to miss "Love me, if you ________"! Bye!

At The Supermarket | At The Movies

Resource