At The Party

Linda: Oh, that was great!

Brian: Linda, you are also here? Our performance was not bad, but our bassist,
unfortunately, was sick.

Linda: Your sound is very mad! My sister and I were very much impressed!

Brian: You are so nice! So is your dress...

Linda: Oh, thanks. My sister gave it to me.

Brian: Your sister has very good taste. Your taste in music is also very good!
Hahaha... Are you friends with the Fischers?

Linda: Yes, the Fishers are good friends of mine. My sister and Britney Fisher are
team mates. And the Fishers are our neighbours.

Brian
: Super! Pete Fisher is my friend. I also know his parents. My father and his
parents play Bridge together. Our families know each other very well.

Linda: Do your parents live in London?

Brian: My father does. My parents are actually divorced; my Mum lives with my
brother in Germany, and our father lives with his wife here in London. Their house is
beautiful. He is a lawyer and his wife works as a teacher.

Linda: My mother is also a teacher and my father works as an actor. My younger
brother goes to school, but he is at home today. My brother is an actor too. Do you
know an actor by the name of Paul Marifa?

Brian: Paul Marifa! Of course. I like Sundays, because I can always watch his show
then. A good series, one hour long around seven, an exciting hour.

Linda: Wait until summer, the show always continues then! Do you play another
instrument?

Brian: I play the piano and the guitar.

Linda: By the way, what time is it?

Brian: One second, it is nine! No, wait! It is five past ten.

Linda: Oh, I thought it was only a quarter to ten.

Brian: Do you have to get up early tomorrow?

Linda: Yes, unfortunately around half past six! Oh, finally, the dinner is over! They
wanted to begin around eight, and now, it is nearly a quarter past ten and I have to
be back home around eleven. It will be twelve soon, I think.

Brian: Let me give you my number. I would like to invite you to my next concert:zero
– five – two – one – three – three – two – zero ....

Linda: Oh. I’ll call you! Would you like some wine and a piece of bread?

Brian: No thanks! I already had enough bread and I cannot drink too much wine,
because I have to sing again... Many people here have already had too much!
Hahaha.

Linda: Well then, good luck!


Exercise 3A

Linda: Oh, that was great! Brian: Linda, you are also here? ____ performance was
not bad, but ____ bassist, unfortunately, was sick. Linda: ____ sound is very mad!
____ sister and I were very much impressed! Brian: You are so nice! So is ____
dress... Linda: Oh, thanks. ____ sister gave it to me. Brian: ____ sister has very
good taste. ____ taste in music is also very good! Hahaha... Are you friends with
the Fischers? Linda: Yes, the Fishers are good friends of ____. ____ sister and
Britney Fisher are team mates. And the Fishers are ____ neighbours. Brian: Super!
Pete Fisher is ____ friend. I also know ____ parents. ____ father and ____ parents
play Bridge together. ____ families know each other very well. Linda: Do ____
parents live in London? Brian: ____ father does. ____ parents are actually
divorced; ____ Mum lives with ____ brother in Germany, and ____ father lives with
____ wife here in London. ____ house is beautiful. He is a lawyer and ____ wife
works as a teacher. Linda: ____ mother is also a teacher and ____ father works as
an actor. ____ younger brother goes to school, but he is at home today. ____
brother is an actor too. Do you know an actor by the name of Paul Marifa? Brian:
Paul Marifa! Of course.


Exercise 3B

He is ____ lawyer and his wife works as ____ teacher. Linda: My mother is also
____ teacher and my father works as ____ actor. My younger brother goes to
school, but he is at home today. My brother is ____ actor too. Do you know ____
actor by the name of Paul Marifa? Brian: Paul Marifa! Of course.I like - Sundays,
because I can always watch his show then. ____ good series, one hour long
around seven, ____ exciting hour. Linda: Wait until - summer, ____ show always
continues then! Do you play another instrument? Brian: I play ____ piano and ____
guitar.


At The Bus Station | At The Supermarket

Resource